4/28/2005

UPDATE: I Call Bullshit! [SQUARED]

A new poll performed for CTV and the Globe and Mail claims that the Liberals and Conservatives are in a dead heat.

Second poll released by GPC appears to confirm results of first.

I still call BULLSHIT!

The first problem I have is that the poll was performed for CTV and the Globe and Mail. Both have shown a bias toward the Liberals in the recent past.

The (new) second problem I have is that the second poll was conducted by an organization that provided stats for the botched gun registry and is loaded with " former premiers, cabinet ministers, senior bureaucrats and political advisors." They are a firm that "specialize in strategic communications, government relations and opinion research. And we’re good at what we do." I'll bet they are. They're an outfit with aparent leanings toward the left (page 25) in international political affairs as well. They're an outfit that thought it would be neat to all of a sudden try their hand at political polling which is questionable seeing that their website says they have considerable experience with it. It's also an outfit that has had big problems previously. Oh, did I also mention that they are an organization that was awarded contracts through the public works department?

Would you call me a cynic if I suggested that these polls were simply Liberal spin? Think about it. Would it not be to the Liberals advantage and completely within their capabilities, to jigger the results? If you can show people that having a temper tantrum is useless do they not resign to hopelessness and give up? It worked that way with my kids. Do they not see us as children?
Does it make sence that these new numbers would come from these reletively obscure sources at this time and be completely off base from other recent polls?

When are the next ipsos and decima polls due to come out?

Thank you Kate for providing "pinging" etiquette instruction as opposed to beating me senseless.