5/17/2005

I'm Biting My Tongue

In my first week of posting I commented on Belinda Stronich in the following article:

The Conservative Convention
Houston, we have a problem. Specifically, we have a problem with Belinda Stronich. Now I understand that it has always been the conservative position that MP's would be able to speak their minds and take positions contrary to party policy. My problem is having Ms Stronich stating that we need to embrace the idea of gay marriage in order to reach out to different domographics. Is it really appropriate to ask people to go against their morals solely for the purpose of winning an election? Is it just me or do the new conservatives seem to be morphing into a new division of the liberal party?

My second article on Belinda read as follows:

Belinda "Suckered" Twice?
The first time I wrote about Belinda Stronich was when she announced that she would be supporting SSM. She aparently took the moonbats at their word when they said there was a big demand for it.

This time she's been pulled in by the Libs spending spree. She wants all of the goodies PM[squared] has promised.
"They are disheartened at the corrupt Liberal government. They want to make a change," she said in response to questions. "But they're worried that some of the key programs promised that have been promised by this Liberal government will be compromised. That's the dilemma."
You're just going to have to pick one Belinda. When you choose, remember that all of those things can be given after a Tory win. In fact, I think they won't be given without a Tory win.

Oh, I also speculated here that PM PM had something up his sleeve seeing that he was trying so hard to stall the vote until this Thursday.

Well, aparently Belinda has made a choice and we can see what the libs had cooked up. She's defected to the Liberals. I wonder what her constituents think about it. Do they even care? What does this do for the confidance vote?

Kate over at SDA has more...