7/29/2005

From the Mailbag: An Interesting Petition

If someone's already gone to the effort of getting it started, the least we can do is sign it and spread the word.

Hello,

As a Conservative blogger, I am writing to you today to ask for your support on an effort that I am partaking. With an escalation in the level of gun related violence in Toronto recently, I feel that it is time that the Federal government takes a strong look at the effectiveness of the Gun Registry. I believe that the only way to achieve this is through a full audit of the program via the Auditor General.

I have set up an online petition in the hopes of developing an underground swelling of support to this idea. I believe that with enough support it would be impossible for the mainstream media and the Liberal government to ignore the demand for accountability in tax spending. However, this will only happen if enough people actually stand up and take action.

The petition is located at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/FGRC0001/petition.html

All I ask is that you take the time to sign it and if you feel comfortable, tell your friends about it so that they may add their name. I feel that it is time that somebody does something about the ridiculous cost-overruns of this ineffective program, and I hope that you will take the time to add your voice to this cause.

Thank you,
Craig Estrella