7/26/2005

While You're in my House You'd Best Behave, Mr.

Recently, while I was living in the reality of now (note this excludes many left wing ideologues from the discussion), I happened to bump into an epiphany. The epiphany was really quite simple, in it's dissection. It went something like this:
Canada is like a house.

A house, you ask? Bear with me and I shall elaborate upon this conception with a simpler analogy.
Imagine you own a house, but you are having a difficult time paying the mortgage and the related bills, incurred. Time to seek out a room-mate.
What ideal qualities should this person possess? I, would ask the following questions and make the following pronouncements sans verbosity:

This is my house and you are a guest. If you do not respect my rules, or the values and ideals that I live by, please do not move in. You will only be unhappy and will make me unhappy. Also, I will quickly begin to regret my hospitable nature.
Don't hole away in your room, but be an active member in the household. This means helping to take care of the household maintenance and integrity. Help out! Be visible and contribute to the welfare of this establishment. Do your fair share. I do not want to have to clean up after you and feed and nurture you, while you look down your nose at me, and all that I've accomplished and achieved with my hard work.
Please, don't even consider moving in if you don't intend on following these rules. Oh! And if you try to harm me or damage my house, you're out. There will be no warnings or second chances. I will forcefully expulse you from my house.

Canada is a house, and these should be her rules as well.