8/19/2005

98% of Canadians would make a better GG than Michaelle Jean.

I must admit that I really didn't want to bring up the recent hullabaloo over the appointment of governor general designate Michealle Jean, but after reading some of the commentary from the hysterical left wing fringe, I cannot restrain myself any longer.

What seems to be frequently lacking from any of the lib/left sympathizers that I've had the misfortune of reading, has been the lack of attention that is being ascribed to the significance of FLQ members seen cavorting quite openly with Michealle Jean and her husband Jean-Daniel Lafond. In one exchange, FLQ founding member Pierre Vallieres states: "Not only should Martinique proceed to independence, but to revolution -- as Quebec should as well! "
To this, Jean-Daniel exclaims,"Yes, independence isn't given, it's taken."

Who are the FLQ and why is it reprehensible that we are even entertaining the notion of designating a 'felquistes' (sympathizer of FLQ) as the head representative for Canada?
The FLQ (Front de liberation du Quebec) are a Marxist/anarchist terrorist group that operated covertly throughout Quebec starting in and around 1963, and have been active even to the present day. Bombings, robberies, kidnappings and general violence were and are the norm. These people are cold blooded murderers and terrorists, very similiar in scope with Al Queda (less the beheadings). Don't believe me? Here is a letter to Chuck Adler from a victim of a FLQ bombing:
Charles;
I visited the site and watched the film clip. To say that I'm offended is to understate the case. The people she is cavorting, laughing and toasting with are some of the same people who tried to kill me.
During the FLQ crisis I was stationed at Canadian Forces HQ in Ottawa. The bomb they placed outside of my office window was meant to kill those in the room and I suppose make a statement.
They succeeded only too well The lady they killed was not only a co-worker, but also a friend.
After I picked myself up off the floor some thirty feet from where I was standing I saw my friend laying on the floor. I remember kneeling in a pool of her blood trying desperately to staunch the flow. Her eyes seemed to be pleading for me to help her. This tiny middle aged French Canadian single mother of two who had been so happy. She had been talking for several days about her up coming vacation. The first in twenty years. Now she lay struggling to breath through her torn throat. Desperately I tried to staunch the flow of blood. I watched as the light in her eyes slowly dimmed and then disappeared.
Here was a grown man and soldier kneeling in the welter of her blood crying like a baby as I cradled her in my arms.
My next conscious memory was lying on an operating table as a young doctor probed my back and side for glass. He continuously apologized for the pain, but explained that he couldn't anaesthetize me because I had to be able to tell him when he pressed on a shard of glass. It took 43 stitched to close my wounds. I still occasionally have pieces of glass surface.
Am I offended? You bet I am offended. This appointment is an insult to me and to Pierre La Porte and most importantly to Jean D'Arc St Germaine.
Paul Martin has insulted all of Canada including the people of Quebec.
Bruce


To simplistically state that "Enough is Enough" or "She's stated her commitment to Canada, what more do we need to hear?" is as debased and pathetic as one can get. Personally, I think 98 percent of Canadians would make a better gg than Michaelle Jean........I am of the 2% that quite gladly admit that I would not. Why? Because I am also a regionalist and believe in Alberta first. Why can't Michaelle do the same and stand up for what she truly believes in: Quebec and Quebec alone.

~Jeff