9/21/2005

Don't Make Me Hurt You!

You know, in all honesty I saw this cartoon at approximately 10:00 am this morning in my Edmonton Sun newspaper, proceeded to chuckle a little, thought to myself " Yeah, I suppose Kim Jong Il has played fast and loose with the US", and proceeded to finish my coffee and read the commentaries in the editorial section.

No less than 8 hours later, I have just read this over at Drudge Report. If you don't feel like linking to the article, allow me to give you the headline of the posting: N. Korea Accuses US of Plotting Attack.
Nuclear attack, no less.
Now this may all seem par for the course, until you realise:

Monday, Sept 19 2005 in Beijing, China, during* 6 nation talks, N. Korea promised to give up its nuclear weapons program in return for economic aid and security assurances. The US also showed great restraint when Gregory Schulte, chief U.S. representative at the U.N. watchdog agency, said Wednesday that the North needed to move quickly to implement the accord.
"The time has come for North Korea to join the international community and to earn access to the political, economic and security benefits of normalized international relations, trade, investment and assistance," he said.


You know the old saying, " Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me". Kim Jong Il is certainly a rogue element with his own duplicitous nature.
From H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos: "Below him the ground was festering with gigantic Dholes, and even as he looked, one reared up several hundred feet and leveled a bleched, viscous end at him."

Duplicity, indeed.....

~Jeff