10/19/2005

A Tale of Two Bills

Bill Clinton is in town today speaking at the Telus Convention Center.


"William Jefferson Clinton was elected President of the United States in 1992, and again in 1996—the first Democratic President to be awarded a second term in six decades. President Clinton’s core values of building community, creating opportunity, and demanding responsibility resulted in unprecedented progress for America."

Excerpt taken from http://www.powerwithin.com/event_calgary_telus.aspx

Right, someone please tell those folks that it's not progress when you're going the wrong direction.

Fortunately, psudo-Bill is going to be present outside of the Convention Center helping to remind folks exactly who it is they've been listening to. With any luck, we'll also get some air time / blogging materials that'll hinder Hillary's run in 2006.


The fun will start somewhere between 4 and 5.

UPDATE: All dressed up with no place to go...

The scheduled end of the event was 5:30. I was set up and in position at 5:00 only to find out the event ended at 4:30. Everyone was already gone. I hung around on the street corner waving at traffic anyway just so it wasn't a total bust. Reaction was mixed but there were far more positive responses than negative. That was good.

I think it's time to sell pseudo-bill. If it doesn't go before Haloween I'll wear it again but I'm pretty sure it'll be the last time.

Note to Peter V.: I was good. I was open and accomodating. I answered all your questions. I didn't give you any grief. I met your requests. The least you folks could have done is called a guy and let him know that things were running ahead of schedule.