11/25/2005

Another Calgary MoonBat

What follows is a fictitious interview by our fictitious reporter Dick. Today Dick is ficitiously interviewing "Polly Jones" from "Marginal Notes".

Dick:
Hi Polly, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Dick, intrepid reporter for the Cannuckistan Chronicles. You caught my attention recently with some moonbatty comments in an on-line conversation thread. I'd like to find out more about you if that's ok.

Polly:
What's a "Cannuckistan Chronicles"?


Dick:
It's an on-line daily that looks at the state of politics and social issues within North America from a conservative point of view.

Polly:
This isn't going to be a slag piece is it?


Dick:
No mam, we're going to be as factual as possible.

Polly:
I'm a woman, not a "mam". Call me that again and I won't be answering any of your questions. Sexist pig.


Dick:
Right, sorry Polly, could you tell me a little about yourself?

Polly:
OK, I am a graduate student in social work, specializing in leadership and international issues. I have a personal interest in issues of violence and mental health.


Dick:
Good, thanks. You have a personal interest in mental health issues? That's interesting.

Polly:
Why is that interesting?


Dick:
Well I noticed on your blog that you had mentioned some personal depression. Is your interest in mental health for purely personal reasons?

Polly:
(giggles) No, I think everyone else is mental.


Dick:
I see. Is it possible that you're projecting your own issues onto others?

Polly:
Project... Hey, take that back right now!


Dick:
Alright, sorry. I noticed that you have the CBC, BBC and G&M as the only referenced news sources on your site. I'm sure we can agree that they're fairly biased with their reporting. Do you ever seek balance with your news sources?

Polly:
Biased? They're not biased at all. Besides, nothing else is sanctioned by the state. Why would I look elsewhere?

Dick:
Right. I was a fool for asking. OK, what was it that drew you to take up social work?

Polly:
I like to help people who need it.


Dick:
Alright, so if I understand that correctly, you like to have control over people who are more messed up than you are?

Polly:
I didn't say that.


Dick:
It was implied.

Polly:
F*#@ You! If you spread lies about me I'm going to kick your FRIGGIN' ASS.


Dick:
You're doing it again...

Polly:
Doing what?


Dick:
Projecting... The whole interest in "violence issues" thing...

Polly:
I'm not projecting. I'm not a violent person. (as she pops a prozac into her mouth) Why are you being so mean?


Dick:
I'm not being mean. I'm just trying to figure you out... Can I ask, are you a lesbian?

Polly:
...


Dick:
I'm sorry, it's just that your blog seems to have a slight tone to it that could give the impression that you don't have too much luck with men. I was curious...

Polly:
This interview is finished. I hate you you F****ing Ass!


Well, there you have it folks. We don't know if Polly is a lesbian or not but we can be certain that she hates Dick...

Update: Todays subject displays even more moonbattyness:

"...Well,it's an opportunity to highlight the ways in which others try to silence those who speak for change - shaming, misrepresentation, threat, and raising questions about sexuality.

I will not go through and point to all of the ways I have been misrepresented. The only point I will respond to is that I have NEVER claimed that I wish to "help others"."

[It was a fictitious interview. You never claimed anything luv.]

"I am an activist that works for changes that I feel are important and are part of my own liberation. I have seen many other people in pain in my life, and I hope that I can help them to speak out about their own experiences with mental health and sexual violence. Absolutely, my own life experiences inform my understanding of the world."

[Um, did you not, just now with that statement, claim that you do, in fact, wish to help others? Are you not, in fact, contradicting yourself with those two statements?]

"I want to tell everyone that I was prepared for this. I mean this type of shaming and threat is exactly why I have in interest in mental health and women's issues. God, it's so ironic to me. I'm sure that this will continue to go on, but I won't respond to every witch hunt, as it is simply a waste of my energies."

[How is it that when one challanges an individual, all of a sudden, they're against the goals of said individual?]

Emphasis and comments are my own...

Sorry "Ms. activist that doesn't want to help people while trying to help people", you're not a martyr, you're a moonbat. That's the point of this post.

Hey, what are the odds that she comes to a Calgary blogger meet and greet next weekend at the Ranchmans?