11/18/2005

Grassroots Politics

If you're traveling north from Calgary through Red Deer late this afternoon, don't be surprised if you see this in the rear view mirror;



and this once I pass you.



I'll be on my way to the Alberta Alliance Leadership Convention being held this weekend at the Red Deer Lodge.

This will be the first time I've ever attended an event like this and I'm not sure what to expect. The opening reception is this evening and I think I'll be expected to mingle a little. I don't know how to mingle. You'd never know it but I'm actually quite shy and reserved.

What's a guy wear to one of these things? In my bubble, Friday's "Hawaiian Shirt Day", and it can't be easily changed so that's one less decision. What about Saturday? Semi-formal? Casual? Semi-casual? Should a guy be wearing a tie?

AwCrap, I'm getting off course here. My point is that I'll be there and posting on it at the end of each day. If anything really interesting comes up, I'll live blog it from the Blackberry. Oh, and you can expect some photos as well.

Though it may seem mundane, this event is going to be choosing the leader of the party that's going to ensure Alberta's future autonomy.

I know that Aizlynne and Greg from Exposed Agenda will be there and I'm pretty sure that Mike R. from Project Alberta will attend as well, new baby permitting. Hopefully we'll see some more of you.