2/15/2006

Pew says conservatives happier!

I don’t usually follow polls much, since most are too biased to be of much critical value, but I will admit that I find the latest Pew poll quite humorous.  For some 33 years or so they’ve been doing a General Social Survey.
The humorous part, of course, is the difference between those naming themselves as either Republicans or Democrats.
50% more Republicans report being very happy as compared to the Democrats.
Conservatives are happier than liberals.
People who go to church are happier than those who don’t.

Although there has been a trend over the past 30 years … it is not a good trend, at least in my eyes. Democrats/Liberals are getting angrier and angrier. Gosh … we could be in for an epidemic of stress-related heart attacks and strokes if they don’t take their meds, and that would be so, so sad!

Heh … the results show that conservatives are not only happier than liberals, they’re also richer. And if you extrapolate from happy and wealthy … you get smarter too … right?

So now the question is … am I happier and richer than your average liberal whiner because I’m a conservative … or a conservative because I’m happier and richer than your average liberal whiner?