7/26/2006

Halls Of Higher Learning


From the mailbag:
Back in February a student, the co-ordinator of the Sexual
Diversity Society, learned that I had up a couple of letters to my
former Anglican bishop (well, he still is, but he isn't mine now)
criticizing the homosex policies of the ACC. This led to an exchange
of emails between said student and myself. The student complained
that I wasn't nice to him and he felt demeaned and degraded. Today
the process came to a new stage/low, and I was fined two weeks' pay for my transgressions and for my refusal last week to apologize for my comments.
(emphasis mine)

So - Student finds out that Professor is against homosexuality - Student takes issue with professor - Professor does not change his position - Student complains to university admin - Professor is investigated - Professor does not change his position - Professor gets docked two-weeks pay for maintaining his position!

We initially commented on DG Mullan's story back in April and it's extremely unfortunate that it's turned out the way it has. Click here for the full cronology of events (lots of documentation) and maybe drop a line to the CBU admin (links available here - halfway down the page) letting them know that what they've done is completely inappropriate.