7/17/2006

Looks Like an Invitation - Updated

Grant Neufeld is one of this city's biggest and most active MoonBats and with one of my regular checks of his site I came across the following:

Rally to protest Israeli aggression in the middle east

Upcoming Events › Rally to protest Israeli aggression in the middle east

When:

Monday, July 17, 2006, 7:00 PM 20060718T010000Z
Where:

Want to know where this event is? Sign up for this group.

Already a member? Sign in

Description:

From: CanPalNet Calgary

Dear friends and fellow activists,

As you know, the situation in the Middle East is deteriorating fast. Israel's disproportionate response has killed over a hundred Lebanese civilians, and destroyed much of Lebanon's infrastructure, including airports, roads, communications, and electricity. Our prime minister considers this "defensive" response to the kidnapping of two soldiers to be "measured". Meanwhile, 8 Canadians have died from Israeli airstrikes.

We wish to assemble not only to protest American support of Israel, but also our own prime minister's.

The rally will be taking place in front of the American consulate (1st st, 7th ave SE), at 7pm on Monday, July 17. Bring banners, flags, signs, noisemakers, candles, etc.

We can expect that the usual handful of hecklers will come out - Please ignore them. They feel validated by the confrontation they provoke, and without it, they will get bored and leave.

Feel free to circulate this email to ensure that as many people as possible know about this. If you have friends without email, give them a ring.


With hopeful hearts,
Canpalnet calgary.
http://peace.meetup.com/r/user/0/0/0/http://www.canpalnetcalgary.ca/

More information:

http://www.canpalnetcalgary.ca/

(emphasis mine)

Looks like I've got a date for 7PM seeing that they're already expecting me...

UPDATE - Alrightythen! - Click for larger images -

Here's what I saw when I wandered up to the protest:

It was a bigger crowd than I expected

Some shots from in behind. The group featured in the 1st picture was the most vocal.


Look at all of the budding young home-grown potential jihadists. No, that's not a racial slur. it's a statement based on the recent arrest of 17 other such young people in Ontario. These kids are out here in support of terrorists who wish to commit genocide against the nation of Israel.


Some media was still there when I showed up. Don't think I'll be making the news though. After getting a those pics, I decided to set up on the leading corner and get a few more before I brought my sign into view.

In the foreground you can see a really big Pallastinian flag - think about that for a minute. The guy standing up in the back appeared to be our host...


Here's a pic of the sort of signs they were waving.

Poor narcissictic buggers didn't understand that our Prime Minister represents Canada as a whole and not individual terrorist supporters like them.

It was time to raise my sign. At this point, I've got to explain the sign I took to this little adventure because it was responsible for some good humor. It has different messages on each side.

On on side (side 1) there is this:

(PW image because no one was with me to take pics)

On the other side (side 2), we have this:

(old image because no one was with me to take pics - feeling guilty yet guys?)

As I was on the leading edge of the crowd I had side 2 facing the oncoming traffic. Side 1 was facing the crowd. You wouldn't believe the nice comments I was getting from the terrorist supporters for what they read on side 1. I have no idea why, but they couldn't seem to figure out that side 1 was actually in support of war. Maybe they thought that terrorism didn't fall into any of those categories. Stupid terrorist supporters.

All the while side 2 was telling the passing traffic to ignore the moonbats and terrorist supporters. I was smiling and waving and having a great time because the terrorist supporters didn't know any better and the moonbats (who know me and were warned to ignore me) didn't tip anyone off to what I was doing. (That's where the good humor comes in.) It was cool while it lasted but then things started breaking up and some of the terrorist supporters saw what was on the other side of the sign as they were leaving. They didn't seem happy.

Being a smart little bastard, I figured that pissing off the whole group of terrorist supporters wasn't in my best interest (I was all alone) and decided that it was time to skidaddle.

After answering a few questions as to where I actually stood on the issue (they didn't like my answers) I was back in my Jeep and headed home.

The evening was altoghether uneventful but still productive. The MoonBats and terrorist supporters know that their drivel won't go unchallanged. The MoonBats knew this already, judging by the reference to "hecklers" in their e-mail and it's good to keep them on their toes. The terrorist supporters didn't however and now they do. It's also served to let me know what I'll be up against when they do it again this Friday at 3:00pm.

PS I'm looking for some volunteers who are willing to join me in the counter protest at that same time...